Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Forty-Two: I'll Cry if I Want To

The jump ropes were smooooooth today, if I may say so myself. Cranked 1,500 out lickety split with nary a trip amongst my sets and I managed to impress a carload of booming-music, disaffected teens who were cruising up and down my street in their sweet, sweet ride. Thanks, morons.

Also received the next week's exercises + diet plan. FINALLY: a week more of 1,500 j-ropes and then we go to the timed portions of j-ropes. Something new! I wonder if I can hang. I'll probably hate it. But who cares! I want to see if I can do it. Uncool: Patrick docked coffee from my diet. Well, he said we could have one cup a day. Um, hello? You cannot be serious. Now, folks, let's remember this blog post as where I throw a hissy fit.


IDONTWANNA!NO!YOUCAN'TMAKEME!IHATEYOU!WHYOHWHYOHWHYOHWHY!WHYDOYOUHATEME!WHYAREYOUDOINGTHISTOME!ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH NONONONONONONONOIDONTWANNA!YOURETHEDEVIL!

OK. I think I'm OK now. No, nope, that's just not true.

I've quit coffee before. Like four times or something. And it was sucky every time. Like really sucky. And pre-PCP I was having >one cup in the a.m. and MAYBE >one cup in the afternoon. I was content with this. But now I'm back to a 3-cup a day habit (you SAID coffee was permittable! you SAID!) and now I have to cut back and yes I want to cry. Weep, even. Couldn't I just do, like, extra sets of tricep dips? or side crunches? Please? Pretty please?

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mel. Congrats on getting this far. I was a little ticked too when Patrick took Subway off my diet. I thought it was healthy, but too much salt in the bread. Anyway, here's some food for thought. If you have to "quit" something, it really shouldn't be in your diet to begin with. You know, like smoking. The PCP is, in part, about breaking addictions. If you need food because you feel you need it to function, and not because you want it. If you can't stop using it as a matter of choice. Well, you don't need a doctor or trainer to tell you what's wrong there. Good luck with the timed J-ropes. I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee is gift from the gods, coffee has antioxidants for health, caffeine for energy and well you obviosly enjoy it. Drink it if you want to.You are the boss of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked at your pics from this week. Yes, yes I do see your little muscle nugget! Good work! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your muscle nugget! Keep strong for Mother PCP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous. Of. Your. Jump-roping. Prowess. End.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coffee cut is brutal, but when you're going for the Peak, it will hold you back. It's your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Screw the coffee. Go for the health. Otherwise, you'll always have the nagging feeling throughout the program that you didn't give it your all! Whose in control, you or the coffee pushers?

    ReplyDelete