Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day Forty: Coz I Gotta Have Fa-Fa-Fa-Faith UHHHH (Baby!)

I wish I could say Day 40 *feels* like something, either an accomplishment or a continued uphill battle. I mean if you look at the biblical stories in the faith of my upbringing, 40 Days is kind of a big deal.

  • Noah was in the Ark for 40 days so God could wash the world clean; he waited another 40 days to leave and step on dry land.
  • Moses spent 40 days on the mountain chillin' with da Lord
  • Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness being tempted by the devil (some days I can imagine just how He felt)
  • Then there's Lent ...
But this Day 40 feels like just another day. Perhaps this is what Day 91 will feel like. Should feel like? As in ... this is how my life is now. Unbelievable? Yes I've gotta have faith...

WWJD? Perhaps ...the PCP?

No comments:

Post a Comment