Monday, August 17, 2009

Day Forty-Eight: Hot Mess


I apparently needed a good cry tonight, which happen to bubble to the surface RIGHT in the middle of my jump ropes. Totally awesome, let me tell you. In addition to my sweat and bug spray, I was soon covered in my own hot blubbering tears. Like it was bad. But I kept jumping, which at first felt like I might drown in my own tears right there in the dark driveway with all the choking and gasping and blubbering ~ I mentioned the blubbering right? Have I no shame???? ~ and for a moment I was convinced that I would trip on the jump rope, knock myself unconscious and indeed die alone in the dark and no one would discover me until the next morning morning and when they did, they would see either a skunk or feral cat ate half my face. But by goddamnit I was gonna finish those exercises. So I did.

Off to shower and slumber ... and hopefully sanity.

8 comments:

  1. Weird story! I don't think I could do both of those things at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that means you're not a girl, Patrick. I totally know how she feels. Girl = weirdness sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank allie for the vote of confidence ;) i feel better today. i think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I felt like crying the other day because my arms effing hurt. I didn't but I know what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, make sure you didn't swallow any of the tears. Remember, no salt in your diet! Unless you can find some whole grain tears, no crying from now on.

    Also, can I name your muscle nugget Fred?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Fred it is. What about the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. the crying was uinrelated to PCP. they just happened at the same time. Will have to work on those whole grain tears of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to name the other one Sidney. Sorry you were crying! I hope you feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete