Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day Forty-Six: Veghead

Spent a lovely morning at the gym where I finished up some PCP arm exercises from yesterday. People were curious and wanted to know more. Then I went by the farmer's market.

This is all that I scored:
And this is what I picked from my own garden:
And then I went to the grocery store to score my fruit, milk and protein. Still struggling with a loss of appetite. Hard to get through meals. Hope my new purchases help! I think so. I was eating tomatoes off the vine in the rain today before thunder scared me inside. And I already prepped the farmer's market carrots (orange and red!), green beans (so pretty), beets and broccoli so I don't even have to think about them this week. Just grab and go. However I don't plan on eating the sunflowers. Those are just for show.

2 comments:

  1. Well, if it's any consolation those pictures are stirring up MY appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great plan and way to start the week. Impressed that you grew those beautiful tomatoes...
    Love going to the farmers market, but even more so that I actually ate what we got the last two weeks..Cant believe how much I am enjoying fruits and veggies..

    Maybe you need some new recipes?
    Perhaps we can all start sharing!

    ReplyDelete