Monday, August 10, 2009

Day Forty-One: I See PCP People

I have a similar problem as Heather : loss of appetite. I wake up very hungry, so that's good. But as the day goes on, eating becomes less desirable. I rarely want to eat a full dinner. Also, I've been a carnivore as long as I remember, but lately I have little want to consume protein. But I do (only fish and beef; for some reason chicken really grosses me out lately) and I enjoy the protein shakes. Am considering a shaker. Big surprise: I'm really enjoying my fruits and my drinkable yogurts which was unimaginable a month ago. Tomorrow, Day 42, is the end of yet another week on the PCP. Relief with "just" 1,500 jumpropes. But what's next?!?!?


(just kidding. sort of.)

4 comments:

  1. This is an important time to keep eating. A few more weeks like this and you'll have the metabolism of a superstar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's tofu time! I have a recipe picked out from the Tassajara Cookbook...you'll have to double check that it's on board with your PCP regimine, but I bet it qualifies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't like fruit to begin with? Wow... I love fruit, but I hate veggies. Teach me how to like veggies, wise Melanie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jessica,

    i surrendered. that's how i got to like *some* fruits. i kept an open mind, kept trying new things, varieties of apples, of berries, etc. And I keep a variety in rotation to ensure i keep liking my favorites. I really like fuji apples but I can't eat them everyday; i don't like delicious, but green apples are tolerable. So are grapes. I do not like cherries. I tolerate raspberries mushed up with dates on toast (via Shelby xoxo). I've always like pineapple, but can you imagine weeks of pineapple? the roof of my mouth would be raw from the acid. So that's my ultra fave sometimes treat.

    You travel, right? It's just like that, a new place to visit, to try on, to like or dislike, but either way to give it an honest go. Nice thing with veggies: you can try different cooking methods to help vary. For example, I like broccoli steamed, not so much raw. I like asparagus, even though I don't really cook it well so i keep trying different ways. I'm creating mixes of cucumbers (slice into quarters, slice off seedy parts, chop into bite size pieces). my fave types of tomatoes (roma and cherubs) and mushrooms.

    You'll find the stuff you like and stuff you don't like as much. No worries! have fun (you like fun, right?)

    ReplyDelete