Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day Twenty-Five: Under the Influence


This morning I went to my usual Saturday morning cardio kickboxing class, and my Gym Buddy Andrea said she could tell whatever I'm doing was working (yah!). She said my upper body looked more tone; I told her I felt more like a German bodybuilder (no offense, German bodybuilders). But yes, I could tell, too, that my muscles were wanted to break through the surface fat, and once that surface fat is burned off, I will have this beautiful little nugget of muscle, and that's exciting.

I also had people in my life tell me they, too, were investigating the PCP for themselves. Wow! Whenever someone hears about this "thing" I'm doing, they come closer. They ask me very good questions. They've emailed Patrick. They want to know more (deja vu, no?). They have fears. They have goals. I think when people are out of shape, they often can point to the factors of influence that got them overweight. What's nice is that the reverse is also true: fitness has factors of influence that can be positive, and that factor, for once, could be me.

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome - hopefully those friends will spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's our policy to never spend a dime on advertising for the PCP. If the results of the program don't sell themselves then we have no right to be in this business in the first place.

    Starting around now the compliments and remarks will start trickling in at a steady rate. Milk each one for all the motivational juice you can as the program ramps up. Nice work Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I didn't know about this no-advertising policy, but it is an exceptionally wise approach. And, Mel, can you believe it? Day 26 already. Where does the time go. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would just like to say here a big THANKS to the Patrick and the PCPers who've put themselves out there for anonymous strangers lurking online who stumbled upon the PCP. You were my influence ;)

    ReplyDelete