Monday, July 13, 2009

Day Thirteen: Sweet Dreams Are Made of These

This last week, my sleep and catnaps were peppered with dreams about my sweet tooth. One day it was how I just wanted to have just three, count 'em THREE, chocolate chips. Another was about a strawberry Starburst candy (and how you can't just have that, you have to have the lemon and cherry flavors, too). And the weirdest dream involved my neighbor who brought over a berry crumb pie for a party "for the kids, since I know you don't like fruit and you're on the PCP so I wanted to bring something that wouldn't tempt you." YEAH. As soon as she left, my dream self ate half the pie with a giant spoon and then tried to cover up this fact by smooshing the remaining half to fill up the rest of the pan. I woke up feeling very guilty and very afraid that this was a premonition.

**************************************************************************

I have to say all this eating has eliminated my usual daytime migraine/headache (and subsequent pain pill habit), so that's awesome. I don't miss the sugar in my coffee, another bonus. My stomach cannot stomach all this food (I do ok at breakfast and lunch but man dinner is a beast to digest) so am glad that the calorie intake will be changing soon. Also, this week I am very sore, could be my weekend bonus activities (kickboxing and softball) since my most sore muscles are the ones on my back by my shoulder blades. I definitely feel it when I lie down to sleep or stretch at my desk during work. Ow. But a happy ow. I didn't know I had muscles there! Am also happy to report I've lost two pounds and that my neighbor (not the one with the dream pie, the one who made me do a set of push-ups on her patio while I was wearing flip-flops) continues to be impressed and said so today, so put that on the list of pros for the PCP: bragging rights. Boo yah.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Awesome about the migrane thing. You know, I've known a few people who suffer from them and I wonder how big a part diet plays in them.

    ReplyDelete