Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day Eight: Why Was Nine Afraid of Seven?

(Coz 7 8 9!)

DUUUUDES, I'm stuffed. And I'm not even done with my first true PCP dinner and bedtime snack. I feel like a kid who's doing their homework at the last minute racing to finish before the classroom bell rings. I definitely need to finagle a better system to prepping the meals ahead of time. Dinner's not so bad, but here I was trying to parent a kid who has itchy bug bites and is in need of anti-itch cream, who wants a glass of milk, who wants to go for a bike ride, in addition to trying to get laundry done post road trip because I have no clothes for work and exercise clothes stink to high heaven, and (!!!) I was cooking and exercising for the PCP. Yo, I'm tired.

So yea. Can you say Week One: Famine, Week Two: Feast? As did my fellow PCPers, I ate a ton of food today. For me, it was a struggle as I switched to eating most of my food during daylight hours instead of the previous habit of mindless nighttime eating. Also, I'm not a fan of fruit and here I am eating it three times a day. My coworkers saw me gag down an afternoon snack of grapes (a couple is fine, but how many grams?!?!?), more grapes than I ate in 2008 entirely. But I did it, so I consider this success. I just felt so full, I had to pace myself and found I was eating almost every two hours. I happily went to stores after work to pick up some last minute PCP equipment (pull up bar, resistance bands, steamer) and by the time I got home I was starving. Huh. If you had asked me at 2p.m. MST today if I wanted to eat, I would have said No thank you I'm full for the next week, please come again. And then once I got home commenced the chaotic scene in the house I described above. But the kid is almost in bed and I'm almost done with dinner (whole wheat angel hair, steak cut into strips, a salad, followed by snack of apple and milk). I can only hope I wake up hungry tomorrow and not still stuffed like a pinata with PCP foods.

In wonderful news, my garden is starting to produce, well, produce: broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onion, etc. Can't wait to put those to use in the PCP. Bon apetit!

3 comments:

  1. Week two is a lot to take in! I was bloated and felt weight gain through the 7 days. Did not fit into my work clothes and had a tummy chillin. Around day 14-15 it all dropped of again. An FYI. I was kind of freaked out and did not know it was the standard female experience in my clutch group of gamer men. It may not even happen to you!

    Nice work Melanie between pic one and two. You are glowin already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,

    I'm glad you've got a garden. There is something so karmic about having one and then eating what you've sown. Great work - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby, you are right. Feeling very unladylike this week. Feeling very snug in my clothes, too. ugh. glad to hear it's hopefully only temporary!

    ReplyDelete