Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day Twenty-One: I Run A Tidy Bakery

I don't know that I've ever had abs, especially as Patrick described in his PCP post today. In fact, I can honestly say that has never, ever been a fitness goal of mine. Am I missing out?

I've wanted toner arms. A trimmer frame. A smaller butt. Abs were an afterthought and, after a pregnancy and emergency C-section that sliced me open like a tauntaun, a fantasy. Like winning the lottery. Confession: I totally kept some maternity shirts in rotation way longer than acceptable for a non-pregnant woman because they hid my food baby. (Don't worry they're gone now)

Even now, I can't say that abs are on my wishlist(not that they aren't), but I can say what I would like to disappear. Remember the best part of the muffin ... is the top. Sing it!

4 comments:

  1. Abs support everything. A strong core will assist in good posture, preventing lower back injury, and upper body strength to name a few.

    I haven't read the post yet, but I will after this.

    Think of the abs as the socket joint of the body. If its rusty, the body will slowly rust with it. If its strong, everything coming out of it will be strong too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't get me wrong: I would LOVE me some abs. It just seems so far out of reach it never even crossed my mind as a possibility. First things first though: no. more. muffintop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, well then I read Patrick's blog post and maybe I need to be a bit more accepting of the Buddha belly and aim for flat over 6-pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you just posted the muffin top song. I am totally impressed by you, pop culturally and otherwise. :)

    ReplyDelete