Monday, July 13, 2009

Day Twelve: In Good Times and In Bad

A few years ago I wrote a snarky MySpace blog entry about how I suffer from what I like to call "Janet Jackson Syndrome." See, sometimes I look like this:



And then sometimes I look like this:


The thing is at the various times when I was at my thinnest adulthood size, it was often at the worst times in my life. Broken body. Broken heart. Empty bank account. But I have a lean body, willowy arms, no gut, thin face. And being a relatively private person, people who wouldn't know I was experiencing my darkest days would cheerily comment to me "OH my goodness you look AMAZING," coz well I did. But I couldn't eat, never exercised and often lacked the energy to even cross the street. I didn't feel how I looked, which was a pity. Yet when I'm at my heavier adult size, with a round belly, a butt that won't stop, cherub cheeks, it's historically been during my happier times. Seems unfair, huh? So I'm hoping to build some good habits through my PCP experience ~ regular exercise without excuses, good food, lots of rest ~ so that I can look like the former and not the latter all year round.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully we can reset some old habits, so that when you feel happy and fulfilled you don't reach for the junk food but for food that will only boost your joy. And when you're down, you don't stop eating but eat your way out of the dip with wholesome food and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://thepeakconditionproject-melanie.blogspot.com/2009/07/day-twelve-in-good-times-and-in-bad.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete