Monday, July 27, 2009

Day Twenty-Seven: Love Me Tender

I cannot believe I went this long to decide and have my Indulgence No. 1. I could have used more this last week actually when cravings for chocolate were all-consuming. But when the time came, I had a flood of ideas on how to use my 200-400 calorie indulgence.

Often times, food for me is also about the experience: the restaurant, the view, the location, the ambiance, the crowd. And in the spirit of summer, I chose s'mores for my first indulgence. Since one was approximately 140 calories, I had two. They were glorious! I made them over the fire pit on the patio. It as dark, it was damp from afternoon thunderstorms, and there were coyotes off in the field behind my house howling away. But the s'mores were so worth it. I definitely felt a slight ache in my stomach about 10 minutes after I ate and I used a fair trade dark chocolate, which always contributes that lovey dovey feeling I get after a delish dessert. I'm feeling pretty head over heels smiley right now. Ahhhhh.

5 comments:

  1. S'mores. Excellent Choice. Way to plan it out and milk it for all it was worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, smores.
    I was on a chocolate high for like 2 hours post-indulgence too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I totally crashed by midnight. Weird how I could feel it, the rise and fall of my sugar consumption. Who needs drugs when you can have white refined sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. S'mores! They're so good you want s'more!

    ReplyDelete