Friday, July 10, 2009

Day Ten: Yea, though I slog through the valley of the shadow of fatigue, I will fear not

In an hour I will be playing second base for a city rec softball league, which I've played every summer for the last four years. But I'm tired. I need food but I can't run the bases on a full stomach. I did that once last year and I almost puked. But if I eat I won't run well this year and might puke. I'm in a Catch-22, and all I really want to do is take a nap. Dinner will have to wait; cheese and fruit will have to carry me home (run?).

Before I forget, here are some highlights from this week on the PCP:

- My friend, Cara the Marathoner, suggested instead of my usual cream n' sugar for my coffee to try vanilla soy milk. I'm not prepared to give up my coffee (which I've done three times in my life --- four times if you count pregnancy) nor am I willing to drink it black. I could go without the sugar though since I had gotten obnoxious with the amount I put in my java. Vanilla soy milk is just sweet enough I don't miss the sugar, she said. I was skeptical, but then I tried it. It's true. Mmmm. (thank you!)

- Yesterday I had to work out in the opened garage again. It might have been the heat or increased exercises but at one point the sweat was flying off me. I glistened. Bye-Bye fat!

- The kid spied me jumping rope yesterday and said "WOW, Mom. You're really good at that!" And that kept me going.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, vanilla soymilk is a great alternative. I also can't do black coffee, I've got to have something to cream it up. Don't sweat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hemp milk is also good. It has a mild nutty flavor that goes well with coffee. Agave nectar is a great alternative to sugar as well. It has a much lower glycemic index than white sugar, and doesn't have a funny taste like a lot of other "alternative" sweeteners. Plus it's great in iced drinks because it dissolves quickly and easily. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete