Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crisis

Ugh my free time the last few days have been occupied by small fires in my personal life, so I do as much of the exercises (admittedly not all, usually anything involving a bar) as I can in the late night before exhaustion sends me to bed. One of these crisis is with the ex (seriously, don't ever get divorced, it totally, totally, totally, totally sucks), which is a major life changer and will be ongoing, and one was minor and with the child (who probably had H1N1 this week since experts say it's too early for seasonal flu; she's doing better now and went back to school today).

And of course you all know my jumprope broke and I hope to right after I post this to run to a store and hunt one down. The ones at Target were NOT like my beloved jumprope so I'm on a mission, a mission from GAWD, to find a worthy replacement. Also, I'm probably not eating enough historically during these highly stressful times I tend to lose my appetite AND not sleep well) but when I eat it's PCP things (having a thing for green beans, as well as celery lately). So there's that.

5 comments:

  1. Do your best, even your worst day on the PCP is better than most people's healthiest days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're eating more fruit, tried liking yogurt, and you're looking good, Melanie!!

    I've got a friend who always answers the obligatory "how are you" with a pause, big smile, and by saying, "I'm doing the best that I can."

    Sounds a little cheesy, but it's such a habit for her. I asked her about it once, and she explained that she uses that pause to think about the good stuff in her life. The stuff that makes it worth shuffling forward every day. Good day or bad, that pause allows her to review a mini gratitude list, and the resulting smile is genuine.

    Seems like you're doing the best you can right now, and that's more than good enough. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a little old lady at my former church who would get up every single testimony time and croak, "keep on keeping on." I don't want be that little old lady. So uh, throw down some bitches on your mission from GAWD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, Mel. You're looking great! I hope the ex-problems workout. I hope you find a cool new jumprope. I'm still using the one I started the PCP with. I don't have the heart to abandon it for a new one. I'm going to keep using it until it busts. Everything is going well with me. I'm still working out everyday save when it rains or I have some kind of early appointment. My novel is moving along too. It's really something how all missions, not just those from Gawd--heh, are so much smoother when the PCP becomes a collection of good habits that stay with you for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support, everyone! I love hearing how others get through their tough stuff. It helps and reminds me that everyone has their shit to get through, often most of it a lot more difficult than a little ex-marital strife.

    Got a new jumprope tonight; it's not the same style as my original (RIP, buddy) but I think it will work. It's funny: PCP is helping guide my choices through this trying time in terms of 1. getting enough sleep and food, which I tend to forget about 2. not turning to the bad stuff (though dang I could totally use a stuff drink or three).

    ReplyDelete