Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 96 (Day 61 Revisited):

I've got to make this quick, as I've got two giant baskets of fresh laundry to fold, a quiet house and quickly evaporating energy.

Busy hosting Mom + Kid Sister. But it's been easy to jump ropes in the a.m. before we head out for the day and do strength in the p.m. once we got back. I was wheezy during the entire day today despite the inhaler. Oh well. That's fall for ya. I'm also craving soup. Speaking of cravings ... I've been very disciplined about sweets and such. And then ... my mom baked brownies last night.

Oh. My. God. TORTURE! And from my own mother!

I should have known. Now I've been able to resist baked goods and ice cream, my two sweet weaknesses, before no problem. But this time, I smelled the brownies baking. I'm a sucker for a warm, gooey brownie. And then I watched Mom + Kid Sister eat them. Kid Sister even got to take the two center brownies, my favorites coz they don't have any crusty sides. And then smell, the SMELL!, was all in my house.

I took a bath.

When I was done, everyone had gone to bed. I went downstairs and looked at the pan. I left it uncovered overnight in an attempt to ruin their gooey goodness. The pan is half gone today. At least by not my hands.

5 comments:

  1. Way to stick it out. Just a few more weeks and those brownies are yours! (Not that you'll want them then)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what will power! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bath -- what a great distraction tactic! Good for you on pushing through such a huge temptation. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's true: mama on the move's brownies are AMAZING. better than birthday cake.

    baths are also a great distraction from the temptations of the day, as well as a great reminder of why we PCP: you get to check out your body as it changes and can note what you still would like to see change!

    rub a dub!

    ReplyDelete