Monday, September 21, 2009

Hiatus: Now Where Was I?

I wanted to write last night but for some reason I could not access Gmail from my home computer. What gives? Anyhoo that minor delay allowed you all to witness my next new adventure on the PCP diet: pomegranate. It's purty, no?


Sorry about the scary knife. Kind of looks like carnage, no? Yeah ... fruit is still not my thing, I'm afraid, though I am fond of my Fuji apples and kiwis. I keep trying stuff out though, which is fun. Am taking recommendations!

Happy to be back with my strength exercises, though the ones using my own body weight, i.e. push-ups and such, are harder on me than the arm band exercises. Am hoping to sculpt Fred and Sidney into tiptop shape. Since I'm a little behind my fellow cohorts, who are in their final days and looking so good! go team go!, I'm just trying to find my mojo again. FYI: I picked up where I left off at Day 59 and do what I can until I tire, which is still easily after a long day at the office and as a mom. Must try to divide and conquer, with jumpropes in the morning and strength training at night.

Thanks for your patience!

3 comments:

  1. Pomegranates are a lot of fun, especially around Halloween! It's a great way to freak children out as you plunge the scary knife into the fruit and blood red juice comes spilling out of it!

    Good to hear you're getting back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Melanie! I'm a fruit nut and just tried pomegranate for the first time last year. Great with a little lime.

    Other fruit suggests: Go for fresh peaches, nectarines and plumcots -- organic if you can find them. They're in season now and so utterly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pineapple, kiwis, and try a fruit that's strange, like a starfruit. I just always feel sorry for those fruits when I see them...it looks like no-one buys them.

    ReplyDelete